decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, December 25, 2022

Unexpected Visit!

 I really hadn't planned to be here until I got back from Charleston and all of our Christmas celebrating but, my house is ready, my food is ready and I have a bit of time before I am due at daughter #3's house for appetizers so, I thought I would post about my wonderful Christmas Eve.

We went to the early Children's Service at church this year. It is always one of my favorites because for many, many years I was in charge of the Christmas pageants at our church. I LOVE seeing the children in their costumes, I LOVE not being able to hear their quiet, mumbled parts, I LOVE them not knowing where to go and when it is their turn...and there's always one who knows everything and is telling the others what to do. I love everything about their naivete! They are so pure. And, it is something that has gone on for so many generations. The kids yesterday were saying the same thing my girls said when they were young and the same things that my grand children said when they were young. The story never changes. I absolutely love a candlelight service as well but, if I have to pick one, I'm going with the kids!


And so, that is what we did. After church, we went back to Jen's and sat and visited as we all pitched in a bit to make the most incredible dinner. My son-in-law made his famous beef tenderloin with garlic and herbs. Then there was twice baked potato casserole, brussel sprouts in caramelized onions and garlic, a winter salad, rolls, cookies and hot apple pie a la mode.

Dinner was delicious but time with the family was the most important.





I am off to finish getting myself ready before I head. I will once again wish everyone a Merry Christmas and happy and healthy new year! Stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment