decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 15, 2022

Time Is Marching On!

 It's a dreary, rainy day today. I'm not complaining because we need it but, it has changed my plans. Since I am home and still just doing some catch up, I thought we could head into the dining room today.


Sometimes it is the littlest things that make me the most happy! I just love the candy canes I made last year. I have them nestled around the house in a lot of places and then the extras are in a pewter chalice in the family room. I saw them on a craft blog and they were not only easy but fun to make!



So that is the dining room. It is done except for adding a huge arrangement of fresh greenery into the large red urn on the sideboard and perhaps some more behind the nativity.

I'm off to change all of the guest room sheets and put up their decorations. I thought I might skip it this year but as soon as I do, I know I will have a disappointed grandchild. They seem to thrive off of the traditions even more than I do. They have spent so much of their lives in this house, that it is like their second home and they don't like change either. And so, even though not one of the girls has played with a Barbie in many years, the pink Barbie tree will be there in the "dormitory" to remind them of all of those special times we have shared. And my girls' rooms will be decorated with their pictures with Santa from when they were young. Stay safe and stay well!




No comments:

Post a Comment