decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, December 5, 2022

Finally Getting Going!

Holy Cow! My Thanksgiving to Christmas decor swap really took me a long time. I thought I was prepared for all eventualities but even brand new strings of lights didn't work so, it seemed I couldn't quite finish up in any room. And then of course, I had some fun times interrupting as well.

Friday night we had our semi-final football game and, after a bit of a slow start, the team brought home the win...and we are off to Tallahassee for the state championship on Friday! When the game was over, everyone stormed the field and it was so much fun! In all of my many years I have never had the opportunity to do that and it was wonderful to feel the excitement that the team must feel every game. Of course, it was also a bit bitter sweet as this was my grandson's last home game. But, I can't think of a better way to go out! There was so much madness on the field that even though lots of photos were taken, not many have found their way to me just yet.



As we were driving home, daughter #3 asked if I would like a road trip the next day and, before I knew it, we were off to a favorite shop in Eustis and then we tried a new restaurant for lunch.


After finding lots of goodies there, we headed into Mt. Dora where we met up with my brother and sister-in-law . They were there for the weekend and staying at the Lakeside Inn so we met them in the hotel's lounge and had a glass of wine while we caught up on their adventures from their recent trip to NYC.

Soon we were off shopping again and were there so long we ended up eating dinner on an outdoor patio at a wonderful Mexican restaurant. The night was beautiful, the city was all lit up and the people were bustling by in their holiday mood. And, of course, after dinner we made our way to the bakery and ice cream shop where my grand daughter has her definite favorites.


It was a full day but so much fun and, I thought that nothing could top my fun weekend...until I got a message early on Sunday morning. My oldest grandson was speaking at two early masses and in between them, he got a message giving him an appointment to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy! He is beyond thrilled. That was his number 1 choice and even though he has received some other nice scholarship offers, there is no question where he will be going...and playing football there as well. He is an incredible kid and he is so deserving of this honor.

Today I ran out and tried to get all of the little things I was missing. The house is decorated and I've started to take some pictures. I hope to be back soon to start sharing with you. Stay safe and stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment