decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, December 30, 2022

I'm Home!

 I'm home and what an incredible Christmas I had. Almost the entire family made it for Christmas. We were missing my son-in-law, Todd, who had recently had hip surgery but everyone else made it. We started the day at daughter #3's house for appetizers. The only pictures I got were the tree crudite' and Mexican dip wreath.

Once everyone was in town, we headed to my house for presents and dinner. Once again I wasn't very good with picture taking but I gathered what I have.







The next morning, as many of us as could, loaded up and headed to S.C. My second grand daughter recently accepted a job up there and we all wanted to see her house and neighborhood. She is actually living in Summerville which is a bit out of Charleston so the first day we explored downtown Summerville and then Mt. Pleasant.





We found some comfy couches outside and got to enjoy a beautiful sunset.

The next day we were off to Charleston. We started with brunch at Poogan's Porch-which was delicious! The meals were great but the pimento fritters for appetizers were unbelievably good!


Then we were fueled up for shopping on King and Meeting Streets, sightseeing all of the beautiful buildings and a visit to the City Market.




Before leaving Charleston we drove through Rainbow Row...

...and the Battery where the historic homes are absolutely gorgeous!



After that we headed back to Caitlin's for our last evening where we did a bit of decorating consulting, shared a beautiful charcuterie board that she made for us and ended the evening with a Christmas movie.

The ride home the next day was loonnnggg! We discovered that not only was there a lot of holiday and snowbird traffic but the the University of South Carolina was playing in the Gator Bowl so tons of fans were on their way. The drive definitely took a lot longer than it should have but most of us are home now. Daughter #3 and her family stayed an extra day so I have their Golden keeping me company now. They got a chance to make a visit to Caitlin to see her new house and actually got a picture-which I just realized that I never did. I am notorious for not taking enough pictures. I get caught up in what is going on and by the time I think of it, the event is usually over! Lol


 So with that, Christmas 2022 is officially in the books. I am going to have a lovely quiet weekend and then head into the new year on Monday. Of course, before I can start that I will have to take all of the Christmas decor down but I can't do that until the new year.

I hope everyone has a safe a happy new year's eve and I will be back in 2023! Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.




 




 



 














No comments:

Post a Comment