decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, December 31, 2022

One of These Things Doesn't Belong Here

So, even though I just can't take down my Christmas decor until Monday, I also can't help myself from thinking ahead to what comes next.

While we were in Mt. Pleasant, we stopped at a Home Goods looking for some things for Caitlin's new house. I was immediately drawn to the new Valentine's decor. I was hesitant to buy much until I look at last year's photos to remind myself what I bought and made but, I knew I didn't have a heart shaped pot for the stove and, since I've now gotten so used to having one there, I snatched this up.


It is ceramic not enameled cast iron like my others but I don't think I will find one of those so this serves the purpose.

I added it to my beginning pile of Valentine decor and craft ideas. I bought the beads in HL for 70% off. I knew I didn't want them for Christmas because red and white reads more Valentines to me. I am pretty sure I will just repaint the tag.

And then, somewhere along the way I printed out the Valentine picture ( as well as one for St. Pat's ) and picked up the cutting board so I'm pretty sure some decoupaging will be happening soon also. I really need to sit down and look at last year's decor so I know where I'm going this year.

And, when I got home from S.C. this beauty was waiting for me...right on schedule! And, doesn't it look pretty on the crocheted doily that my mom made for me. It is actually a bit of serendipity because this beautiful, large plant was once a tiny little one-leafed plant given to my mom for her room in the nursing home by a sweet G.S. troop. Look how much it has grown and flourished!

So, back I go to mop up a few more little loose ends before sitting down on this rainy New Year's Eve to finish off some of my long list of yet watched Christmas movies before moving into the new year. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment