decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, December 17, 2022

All the "Feels"!

 It's beginning to "feel" a lot like Christmas! With one week left, I can actually believe that Christmas is on its way! The house is decorated, the tree is beautiful, I'm feeling great and starting cookie baking today, there are actually some gifts under the tree...and they're wrapped...and, it feels like Christmas. Our high today is supposed to be 67! The windows are open, Christmas music is playing and, if I get everything that is on my list done by this afternoon, I will light a fire, pour a glass of wine and watch Christmas movies!


 

But first, let's go into the sunroom.


This Christmas cactus is right on schedule...it's ready to burst into bloom any day now. It's hard to believe that this plant started life as just the tiniest little thing...actually in a very small pot and brought to my mom by a Girl Scout troop to brighten her nursing home room. Since there is never enough surface area in those rooms, I took it home after the holiday and never dreamed it would one day grow into this beauty. Plants must like this room as I also have a palm that was sent to my husband after his knee replacement surgery as part of a dish garden and it is now taller than I am! But, I disgress-lol




So this is what the sunroom looked like when I took my pictures for this blog...truth be told, it now looks like this. I am expecting grand daughter #5 over next week to do some baking with me and have some holiday fun. Usually we play lots of games-and we probably still will-but, when I saw the Christmas puzzles on sale at HL, I thought she might like that too. I'm not sure what I was thinking buying a 1000 piece puzzle! The pieces are SO small...and my eyes are not what they once were. I sat down for a bit yesterday and turned over all 1000 pieces and pulled out most of the edges...now, we shall see. And, the reality is that it will have to be removed by Christmas Eve as I start to set tables for our holiday dinners as we will need every flat surface we can find! I'm thinking this may get packed away to bring out earlier in the season next year. Lol

And, while I was out shopping yesterday, I also bought myself a little Christmas present. I LOVE beautiful cast iron Dutch ovens on a stove-I keep my pumpkin shaped one out from September until Christmas comes out and always miss having something in that spot the rest of the year. I spied this green beauty at Home Goods and, since I love green so much, I realized that it had to come home with me. It will only be missing in the Valentine's and 4th of July decor. The rest of the year, it will fit in and I love it!


I'm off to see if my butter is soft enough yet. I am going to make one of my cookies without Presley because, as I was reminded last week, I seem to be the only one who likes them. They are cranberry pistachio shortbread cookies and I love them. I am not a fan of sweets-or sweet cookies-so I tend to make mostly shortbread type cookies. Apparently, everyone likes all of my others...just not these. The recipe makes 60 so I have decided to cut it in half as I don't need to single handedly eat that many cookies but I just love the red/green color that they add to a cookie plate. I'll let you know how things turn out. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment