decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 5, 2018

Spring Has Sprung

Well, it is official! I am now a year older...and what fun I have had celebrating that fact! I had a super busy weekend starting on Friday when daughter #3, my brother and my sister-in-law took me to lunch at a beautiful new restaurant here in town. The restaurant has been my favorite for a long time but has always been in an old Victorian house. Now that our downtown has had a revitalization, it seems to be the place to be. I wasn't sure I was going to like the change, but these guys know what they're doing! It is gorgeous. They went very urban but still glamorous with touches of shabby chic!

Here are a few pictures while they were still getting ready to open. Now that it is full of beautiful things it is really a lovely addition to our downtown!


This picture really doesn't do justice to this bar. It is now full of mirrors and lots of crystal and, of course, bottles and bottles of alcohol and it just glitters!!





After a long, leisurely lunch, it was off to get the kids from school and spend the rest of the day with them.

I was off to Gainesville on Saturday morning. Daughter #2 had lots of plans. We started with a movie. We went to see "The Greatest Showman". Not only did I LOVE this movie but I got to sit in a comfy recliner and have a glass of wine - not a bad way to watch a movie!

Then, it was off for a little spending spree at Chicos followed by "linner" at one of my favorite restaurants - BJs. It seems like whenever anyone plans celebrations for me, lots of food is always involved.

We did a bit more shopping and then headed home for some yummy, gourmet sweet treats and this gorgeous bouquet of my two favorite flowers in the whole world! Being able to grow these beauties is the ONLY reason in the world that I might consider moving further north. Sorry I don't have more pictures but, once again, this was one of those times that I was having so much fun, the time to snap pictures just never presented itself.



We have had just the most gorgeous weather. Our nights have cooled off again but so have our days and I am having trouble doing anything I should INSIDE the house because it is so gorgeous outside. And so, with that in mind, I used today to do all sorts of little chores. You know, like repainting the chips on the front door, repainting the shutters where the paint just seemed to disappear, renailing some loose fence boards, scrubbing off yet more pollen films, etc. These are the things I usually don't like doing but I'm found myself walking around looking for more so I didn't have to come in. Lol Guess it can't hurt!

So, while I'm here, I will show you the last of the St. Pat's decor. Here is the guest bath.





So that is it for St. Pat's 2018 decor. I'm already thinking about Easter and it will be a very quick change if it is to be up any time at all. I'm still trying to figure out how I can squeeze in any St. Pat's fun with the kids before they're off on their ski trip. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment