decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hop On In!

We are having another rainy day but I am not complaining. Everything in my yard is loving the moisture. It does making photo taking even more difficult than normal but, if I don't get started, Easter will be here and I will not have shared a thing. I have gone from a fairly empty calendar to something going almost every day. I now have two trips on the horizon as well as a day with a friend and the celebration of a daughter's birthday...and Easter is just 12 days away. Funny how my life seems to happen like that...but, once again, no complaints from me.

And so, let's start with the living room for 2018.



This year I hung the wreath on top of the mirror. I usually take the mirror down altogether but I was hurrying and decided to try it this way. Now that I'm looking at the picture, I like that the brown of the frame mimics the brown of the basket as well as the distressed wood on the sign. I would love to say that I planned it that way but,....




Maybe I had better look for the Easter bunny somewhere in my house...looks as if he may have made a visit and left his hat (and ears, lol ) at the door!



I'm LOVING my new (to me) PB lantern. There is a story to this lantern...but then, as my kids will tell you, there is ALWAYS a story with me. Daughter #3 and I were shopping in a Tampa PB when they were having a really good clearance sale. This beauty was sitting right in the middle of a table full of table linens. Neither of us thought it would be included in the sale but both of us headed straight to it to see the price. I don't remember any more, but it was marked WAY down. Of course, it was the only one! And, since I was already the queen of lanterns, I let my daughter get it. That being said, I gushed over it every time I saw it at her house. I guess, as the saying goes, "good things come to those who wait" as it came to my house the other day looking for a good, forever home and boy did it find it! Jen is a decorator and her tastes change a lot and I am often the lucky recipient of those taste changes. I love the size of this lantern. I did have to change the way I normally decorate this table but I think this might be another one of "those" pieces that just stays right here every holiday and season and just gets an embellishment here and there. Right now it is scattered with those beautiful glass glittered eggs that I got many years ago.



I still love this metal sign I bought a long time ago in a cute little shop hidden away in Winter Park. It is meant for outside but I'm afraid it will lose its pretty glitter if I put it out there. As much as I do love rust, the painting on this one is too pretty to chance.


The only thing the coffee table is missing is a live Easter lily in the green pot. Hopefully I will be able to find and enjoy one before I head off.






I really love how the green, violet and clear glass all look so crisp and sparkly this time of year. Definitely makes me know it is spring!


I found this rabbit many, many years ago in a country store in Gainesville. Although he is rather primitive and I don't have much of my primitive decor any more, I still love him and he makes his appearance every year.





I'm off to check the calendar and find where I have time to do some holiday shopping as well as baking some goodies to take with me to share on my travels. Life is always super busy for our family in the spring but I wouldn't have it any other way. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment