decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 29, 2018

P.S.

Just a few random pictures before daughter #1 and grand daughter #4 arrive. I am sure those of you who are frequent visitors to this blog know that I am ALL about tradition...and I'm not real good with change. But, sadly, as my family grows and everyone begins to have their own lives, sometimes I need to be a bit more "flexible". And so, I am learning to "get what I get and don't throw a fit". I got to see two daughters and two grands this past weekend. I got to spend yesterday with another daughter and two other grands...and, I managed to squeeze in some egg decorating at the last minute. My oldest grandson was off at a church activity but the rest of us got to decorate almost 4 dozen eggs so "we did good"! Of course, if you look closely at the really rough pictures from my phone, you might notice that Presley has a St. Pat's tattoo on her neck. And no, it hasn't been there that long. Apparently Nana gave them WAY too many tattoos in their goodie bags and she is still putting one on every day! Let's just say that if she was my first grand daughter ( oh so many years ago ), she would be dressed in Easter finery and probably matching the eggs but these days I'm just happy I have a few still young enough to humor their old Nana - no matter how they're dressed!




Before we gathered for our egg dying, we were out at Kimberden Farms for Presley's weekly riding lesson. I don't go all of the time so when I do, I really notice the improvement! She is now cantering all on her own...and fast...at least to this old Nana's eyes! She has tried many different activities and this seems to be her passion so I guess I will have to get used to it. I know that "jumps" will be coming soon. Yikes!



Another of my traditions has always been baking Easter goodies as gifts. Over the years I have tried my hand at all sorts of baked things but I must say, baking is not my forte. This year I wanted to take some things to St. Pete, Tallahassee and to Jen's family so I decided to do things that might travel safely and could be used as munchies along the way. I ended up making Easter Muddy Buddies, Rolo Pretzels, Easter Rice Krispie Treats and then, of course, I had to do my Easter Bunny cookies but I used a new glaze instead of butter cream icing. I found the glaze recipe on Pinterest and it was wonderful because it was nowhere near as sweet as royal icing but it dried very quickly so the cookies could be stacked without sticking together. I'll definitely use it again. As soon as I glazed them, I sprinkled them with Wilton's white sparkling sugar and they turned out very pretty. In the past, I have put real ribbon bows on these guys but because I wanted easy eating access, I didn't do that this year.


And, since I think Mother Nature is probably done throwing us some of the surprises she threw our way this year, I thought I would show you the one place that our really cold nights was appreciated. My pansies have never been happier! I simply can't cut them fast enough! I love pansies so I am not complaining because I know they will be giving way to other flowers that don't mind the summer temps that are sure to be here soon.



I have a fun afternoon planned and then tomorrow we are on our way to Tallahassee. I hope everyone enjoys all of the blessings of this beautiful holiday and I will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment