decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Look What I Found!!

I think I have mentioned that I am reluctantly getting ready for a garage sale. I don't like them but I have soooo much "stuff" that is really still good just not in my design mood any more that it seems foolish not to see if I can sell a bit of it. That being said, I know I need to de-clutter. And, once I got started, I have kind of become a bit obsessed. I have started remembering hiding  storage places from long, long ago and have begun finding things I haven't thought about in years! Like these two beauties:




I'm super upset with myself that I didn't date these. I know that I did stamped embroidery for many years before I even heard of counted cross stitch and I did that many, many years ago - back when I could see the squares on 22 ct fabric! I also know I did them when my house was still full of little ones and all of their friends. Our house was the house to be at and we loved all of the activity that filled these rooms for so many years. It really is hard to believe that the "still" rooms have happened in the blink of an eye! So, so glad we have all of those beautiful memories. Of course, these rooms still see moments of family fullness and activity. Grand kids' Valentine's Day coming up soon. I'm busy getting my ducks in a row.



I have had a wonderfully full week. Got to spend one day with my brother and sister-in-law, another with an old friend and today at the county soccer match watching grand son #2 play for his school then lunch and some shopping with my daughter! Next week, I'm off  to Gainesville for a few days to help daughter #2 celebrate her birthday. More to share soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment