decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 29, 2018

And It's Not Even February Yet!!

Wow! I'm starting to feel pretty smug! This will be the last post on my Valentine decor and I've pretty much shared all of my other holiday plans and it isn't even February yet! That being said, I'm kind of freaking out because I like to keep going right up until the big day. I will be sharing photos of the grand kids' Valentine weekend but that is still about 2 weeks away so not sure what I will be sharing between now and then but I will have to get cracking!

That being said, I think I just have the front of the house and the guest bath left to share so let's go!


I can't believe that all three of the poinsettia plants I bought back in November are not only still alive but thriving! The ONLY time of the year that I like poinsettias is with Christmas decor. But, they are red and they ARE still alive so I am tolerating them on the porch right now. I didn't even move them in on the nights when our temperatures hit the low 20s...and still they go on. They keep saying "Christmas" to me instead of Valentine's Day but, as I said, they ARE red! Lol I just can't bring myself to throw them out just yet. But, at the first sign of leaf droppage...!






I had a few extra of the little flower pot photo holders that I think I have made with just about each of my grand children, scouts, etc. so I put them on the dresser in the bedroom to make me smile.


And, here is how the the "key to my heart" art turned out. I'm still not a fan but I tried out some different frames and they're starting to win me over.



And, here is where I am on the living room blind issue. I have picked out my favorites and daughter #1 is now gathering estimates. We shall see.


In the mean time, I am doing just fine with the drapes now that they are hemmed-thanks to my sister-in-law. She is much more patient than I and, she measures twice before she cuts...unlike me!! I still think I would like to add the blinds but these heavy, linen drapes are sure helping to keep out the cold and in the heat! Decisions, decisions!


And while I'm dreaming away, does anyone else have one of these? I had one as a child and then bought this one for our girls and it still lives on for our grand children. I love how much they love it and its very simple concept. Just light the candles and the smoke from the candle makes the top spin which in turn makes the chimes ring. It goes on the round table in the sun room every Christmas and the kids always remember to ask me to light it and sit as mesmerized as I did all those many years ago. Something to be said about a tradition living on...and on...and on! Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment