decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Bring On 2018!

I finally have all of Christmas - including the biggest tree ever - taken down although I will admit that the house lights are still hanging and a number of bins are still not packed up or put away. My defense on the lights is that we have actually had a bit of real winter weather and it was a bit too nippy outside to be going up and down a ladder for several hours! Besides, it was so cozy inside with fires going and quite beautiful to look out and see the lights twinkling and the "drippy icicle" lights shining that I wasn't in a hurry. Now that we're back to more of our traditional weather pattern, I will get to work!

But, as Christmas came down, Valentine's Day went up. I used to go from Christmas to "winter" (lots of white candles, snowflakes and glittery twigs ) until one day I realized that I was taking down red to put up white only to put red back up in a very short while. It didn't take long to realize that that was a bit of a waste of time and effort - even for the seasonally addicted sort that I am - so, I skipped the "middle man" and just left the red out and brought in the hearts! After all, there are only two short weeks in February before the holiday is here so I'm O.K. with being ready right now!

In any case, just a few minor changes in the living room - see if you can spot them.










I still love this download of the little girls walking with their Valentine's in hand. It reminds me of my cousins and me. I can still see us in those wool coats with our little folded down socks and Mary Jane shoes.





As I look at these pictures, I am realizing that most of the changes are only because I have added the new lamps to the mix. I'm sure you know how much I love my seasonal and holiday decorating. It takes me several days every time I make a change, but I don't mind. That being said, I am realizing that there are many vignettes in my home that I love and I am happy just swapping out a picture or a different colored candle and calling it a day...and, it sure makes the "heavy lifting" a lot easier!













So that is the living room for this year. I am hard at work now trying to plan some Valentine's craft projects. The problem there is that I have been "at" this for so long, that there isn't much I haven't already done...and still have. Lol Pinterest, here I come. Wish me luck and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment