decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 22, 2018

My Favorite Spot!

I must admit that I have lots of favorite spots in my house. A lot of time my current favorite depends on the holiday and season and so, as we speak, the family room is my favorite! My chair gives me a perfect view of the whole room and when the lights are on on the mantle, the candles are all lit and a fire is going in the fireplace, I am in heaven. I could literally sit there all day long!

So on we go to my cozy spot...





I still love my dozen long stemmed "poses". Maybe one of these days I should make another with some updated photos! Lol



I bought that second Pottery Barn lantern before Christmas and when I went to re-do the mantle for Valentine's Day, I decided the pair is now going to be another "permanent" decor display in my home. That way, I have less area to think about and all I will have to do is change the color of the candles depending on the holiday or season. I LOVE these lanterns and I love how they anchor the mantle, so why not? Starting to go with the "if it ain't broke..." way of thinking. It is also helping me to begin to de-clutter a bit....which, I will admit, is very difficult for me. Not so much because I don't want to but because every time I do, Murphy's law drops in. I swear, every time I get rid of something, someone in my family will call the very next day and ask if I still have it and can they borrow it...it NEVER fails.

That being said, I am beginning to gather some things for a dreaded garage sale. I AM NOT a garage sale fan. I don't like going to them and I REALLY dislike having them. But I do have a lot of stuff and I am kind of getting tired of having to move 6 things to get to another. It is time to simplify a bit more - not only in my decorating but in my storage as well. This will not be easy for me but I am going to try to start with baby steps - we shall see!



And this has been my view the last few days. We have had some "real" winter weather so I have not only had a chance to wear some of my many sweaters but also to have some real fires. I usually take the easy way out and just use a Duraflame for the ambiance but the last few weeks, I have definitely wanted the heat that real flames give off. And, I must say, I am getting pretty good at this fire building!


So that's it for today. Our weather is picture perfect today so I'm off to get some things done but I will be back. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment