decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Identity Crisis

Let's move on to the dining room today. In keeping with my "simplify" mode, it is pretty bare minimum - for me that is. Lol



I still love this table runner that I found at HL. It has a linen look and then the embroidered shamrocks. I'm not sure it would hold up well to washing but since it is just on this table for decoration and not around when food arrives, there are no worries for spills or stains - at least not yet.







I still love the counted cross stitch Irish blessing that I made oh so many years ago.



Here's last year's canvas shamrock craft that I made with the kids.




So right about now you might be wondering why this post was titled "Identity Crisis". Well, here is why my house is a bit confused right now...my Christmas cactus is blooming. This plant has done this for the last few years. I'm guessing it is because I bring it into the house when I decorate for Christmas and I think it misses all of the natural light it is used to here in the sun room. This year it actually produced a number of buds but they all quickly dropped off. Then, when the Christmas decor was packed up and the plant returned to its usual home, it wasn't long before I saw new buds starting to form and it is now in full bloom.


And, while Christmas is in the sun room, St. Pat's is everywhere else including the pile of goodies for the kids' scavenger hunt prizes that is starting to grow on the dining room table...


...which is right next to the Easter treat I bought myself the other day. It came from HL and reminded me of the shamrock runner that I love. Plus, it didn't hurt that it also very much reminds me of the water color pillow cover I have from PB. I think it will look nice when it takes its place on the dining room table in a few short weeks.

 
 And so, at the moment, there are three holidays in evidence in my house. Things are a bit confused but that's OK. They all make me happy and, after all. isn't that why I do this craziness? My house doesn't mind - and neither do I! Bunnies are on the horizon. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment