decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, February 9, 2018

Be Still My Heart!

I don't know how obvious it is from this blog, but I love nature...most especially the cute critters that consider my home their home. I have 17 pretty much undeveloped acreage behind my house so I always have lots of visitors - raccoons, squirrels and possums come often. But perhaps my favorites are the birds. Now that I no longer have any cats, I feel safe filling lots and lots of feeders and bird baths and inviting them in. I LOVE my cardinals and get super excited on the rare instance of a blue bird sighting but I think the thing that truly sends shivers down my spine is the yearly arrival of the robin red breasts! They are here now!! Usually I see them all gathered out on the grass in the middle of our cul de sac. But, this year, something caught my eye before I opened the door to head out to check the mail.


Do you see them? Look closely!


Aren't they beautiful? And, this year, they are ALL over my front and side front yard. I took the pictures through my window because I didn't want to scare them away. I can't tell you how long they stayed or how long I stood at that window just staring at their loveliness but I do know that they made my day! Always a sign to me that new life is on its way.

And, on the tulip update, I am amazed that these cheap  inexpensive flowers are actually performing beautifully. The buds were kind of tiny and even though it looked like a lot of bang for the buck, I wasn't sure it would deliver as well as the larger bloomed, more expensive bouquets. To my surprise, they are opening slowly and just beginning to do their traditional tulip bend. They are gorgeous. They make my heart happy!! Way to go Trader Joe's!


 
 We have survived the bumps of the winter and things are looking up for sure. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment