decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Finishing Up

Just a bit more to go. Let's start with the family room. I love this room this time of year. I would love it even more if there was a fire in the fire place but even I know that's pushing the limits a bit too much when it is still 90 degrees outside!



I wish I could get a good picture of this room when all of the candles are lit at night. It is just so peaceful and calming. The soft orange glow is beautiful and it doesn't hurt that most of the candles give off the beautiful scents of autumn!


This year I have added this pumpkin painting to my mantle. It was done by an old friend of mine who has recently started painting after a long career in education. Her work is bright and colorful and she has become quite well known in the local art world.





I have just a few more pictures to show you and those are of the guest bath. I kept it kind of simple this year but it still speaks of the season.




I'm trying hard to get some Halloween ideas going but somehow life keeps getting in the way. I still haven't found a craft that I want to do. I think I've just been around too long. Everything I like, I have already done. And, now that we really don't have any little kids around, the cutesy stuff doesn't hold the same appeal...is "elegant Halloween" an oxymoron? But, I'm not giving up. I know there is an idea out there just waiting for me to find it. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment