decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Moving On

The next room is the dining room and I will admit that I am still having trouble decorating this room. I still have trouble with the niche and I still have trouble with the shelves over the "fireplace". I wanted shelves added to the niche so badly but now that I have them-and they add lots of merchandising space that I would normally love-I have the hardest time finding anything to put on them that I like. And, because the shelves over the fireplace are so shallow, they make decorating a bit of a chore as well. Maybe it's time to call in one of my decorator daughters and get some suggestions?!




I love that I can use my old sugar mold candle holder again. It is so long that there aren't all that many places that it actually fits.

 

This is so my problem area. I really wanted to use the dough bowl on the table but, as you just saw, the sugar mold is currently holding center court in that spot. I have actually tweaked this display since I took the picture. I was tossing out some of my glittery pumpkins-going more with just the natural look from here on-and I had a silver pumpkin that looked pretty much "real"-except, of course, that it was silver! I did a bit of dry brushing with off white and taupe and it now looks like one of the new varieties of pumpkins available. I put it in the dough bowl and it kind of breaks up the "darkness" of it. I am going to make a quick run to Pier 1 tomorrow and look at some that they have this year as well-I'll let you know what I find.



And here, of course, is the other thorn in my side. I still don't like this but as soon as life settles down a bit, I will be looking at tweaking this area as well. Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted!


I must admit that I do love the sunroom this time of year!






And, look at where the second place mat ended up!



This spot is looking mighty lonely right about now. My brother and sister-in-law are coming for the weekend. I have promised to make them an anniversary dinner so I think I will nestle in here right now and do some menu planning. More to come. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment