decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Where Am I Going With This?? Or, the Saga Continues!

Sometimes things just don't go your way. That is how I am feeling right now. When I started the Valentine Mason jars, I purposely bought the WalMart brand jars so that they did not have the embossed logo on the jar. Since it was originally meant to be striped and then painted with hearts, I thought the flat glass would be easier to work with. But, that was then and this is now. I am now thinking about just painting the jars a solid red and adding tied on embellishments and I am thinking that they would now look better WITH the raised logo so I could sand a bit of it away and get the shabby chic look I want.

Since I last posted, I scrubbed all of that "expensive" paint off of the jars and I am starting over with a solid red. Not sure where I am going next...except that as I was spraying the paint began to run...I mean really run. I am once again reminded of my Brownie G.S. days when, at every investiture, we would do the Brownie story and hear the words "patience is a virtue". Guess I am not very virtuous. I am REALLY patient in lots of ways, but spraying paint is not one of them! Yes, I know, three or four or ??? thin coats is way better than one heavy one...but honestly, when I am not even sure where I am going with this, I am anxious to get there (?) quickly and see what comes of it.

Of course, that other old saying - "haste makes waste" - comes to mind as well because now I have major visible drips on these jars AND I am out of paint. The only other red paint I have is gloss which defeats my shabby look, but I wanted to see if I could get those drips covered. It looks like I may be able to - once I go buy yet more paint. Seems this project may have been doomed from the beginning.

Definitely looking more SHABBY than CHIC!

And, of course, my patient self wants to head out immediately to buy the paint and then a few other supplies I still need as well, but I am expecting an electrician "some time" today so I am housebound until I hear from him. And so it goes! Hurry up and wait! Have I told you how good I am at this patience thing? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment