decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, January 5, 2015

Here We Go Again!

I don't know if it is just because I am getting older or that I am still getting over a cold (?) that I thought I was over several times already and it just keeps coming back but, I have been really sloooow in getting the Christmas decs put away and Valentine's put up.

Yes, I know, we are just barely into January and it is a BIT early for Valentine's Day. But, I realized a few years ago that most of my red and silver stuff was out for Christmas so it didn't make much sense to put it all away for just a few weeks. That was when I started going straight to Valentines. It does make the transition easier but, because I am still a bit obsessive, there are so many things to change out and put away, that no transition is really easy in this house.

All of that being said, here is where I currently stand...just keeping it real.


In each of these pictures, you can see the old going out and the new coming in...and, in this picture, you can see the REALLY old as apparently I still had some Thanksgiving candles to put away as well!


The Christmas tree is finally coming down and the Valentine photos are already in the TV armoire.


I love this shot...a peek at the Valentine's mantle with the reflection of the Christmas tree still up!

Luckily, while I was waiting to upload these shots, I did manage to get some more things back in their correct homes. I am still working on my hubby's office. His office here at the house was completely decorated as were the 5 rooms at his large office. A lot of those things - degrees, certificates, awards, etc., etc....are too special to part with but are also giving me quite a challenge on just how it is all going to fit! I will be thinking on this for awhile. Right now my aim is just to consolidate and get the garage cleared out so that my car can once again find its way "home".

We will start our Valentine tour in the next post and then I will let you in on my craft plans for the holiday. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment