decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

One Decision!

I finally made a decision on one of the crafts I was going to do this year. Everyone seems to be into Mason jars and I am no exception. I have always loved Mason jars. I have a few large antique ones that I use for cut flowers all of the time and I love the cozy, comforting feel that the flowers have when in the jar versus a fancy, crystal vase - although fancy crystal vases certainly have their place when I want a more formal feel.

In any case, I found a painted Valentine jar and then had several ideas for embellishment that I was going to try to combine...but, alas, I never got that far.

The instructions I was following called for a paint that could be used on glass so I went with Krylon instead of WalMart brand just to be sure. I figured it was worth the extra expense to be sure I got a good bond. The instructions also said that more paint than was wanted pulled off but was able to be patched. Well, that was an understatement. But, having done crafts for so many, many years, there is usually nothing I can't fix in some way and, these were supposed to be a bit shabby chic so you can usually "get away" with all kinds of things. But, no matter how hard I tried, this was just an epic fail. And, to be honest, even if I could have "fixed" it, it looked like a candy cane to me and nothing I would want for Valentine's Day!




And so, I am back to the drawing board. I am rethinking what I will do but you can be sure it will involve Mason jars since I already bought them...and, whatever of the expensive paint that is left in the cans. Not sure where I will go with this but you will be the first to know! I also think I decided on my second gift project. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment