decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"I Know Me Too Well"!!

Do you ever fight with yourself and know you are going to lose before it really ever starts?
 I know that sounds crazy, but I know myself so well. When I first started posting about my GR wreath knock-off, I mentioned that I bought one full feather boa and if I felt the need for a second, I could always add it. I think as I was typing that, I knew full well that I was going to want another boa and so, while I was out yesterday, I went ahead and grabbed another. And so, today I began...





I started by simply spray painting the grape vine wreath black - so far, so good. The reason why you see the skeleton here will be addressed a little later. Then, I started to wrap the boa around the wreath. I wrapped with the boa close together and only got about half way around. Then I wrapped with the boa a little further apart and some of the vines showing and still only got about 2/3 of the way. I was trying to convince myself that I could wrap it with LOTS of the vine showing and probably make it around but I knew before even trying that that I would not be happy. And so, here is where we are at the moment.




I LOVE the way the boas are working out so that problem will be solved when I am off to Gainesville for a few days tomorrow. Lucky for me, they have a new HL and I still have another 40% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket.

But, that brings me to my second dilemma - and yes girls, there IS always a story with me! The GR wreath I am knocking off has a large skull and just arms:




I LOVE this wreath...and, I have a number of loose bones that I could use. But, these are the bones that I use in my fireplace and I love that vignette so I really would have to buy another bag of them. On the other hand, I have the 3' skeleton that you see. Last year he sat in my chandelier but I am still not convinced that HE isn't what ultimately shorted out that chandy - which I could not be happier about because I wanted my new one - but I digress - but, that being said, I WILL NOT be sitting him in the new chandelier this year and really have no where else to use him. Oh, I am sure I could think of a dozen places, but why not use him like this:




I really like the GR wreath better and am trying very hard to convince myself to go with what I have and not spend any more, but boy, I think I already know how this will play out! What do you think? I'll let you know when I am back in town. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment