decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 14, 2014

"What is it About Mob Mentality?"

Well, maybe that is the wrong comparison. Maybe I should have said "what is it about setting deadlines?". I was running a ton of errands yesterday. One of those kinds of days where there are SO MANY places to stop scattered all over the city that you want to make sure you do it in a precise order so you are not doubling back all day long. I am pretty good at this - as a matter of fact I find making my list fun - mostly I think because of a game my cousins and I used to play when we were young. I don't remember the name, but it was like a map of a small town and you pulled cards to see where you had to go that day and what your errands were. Of course, you ran into the same sort of detours that I ran into yesterday.

I had not eaten breakfast so I was hungry and wanted to stop at Panera but Macys had an early bird special that ended at 1 p.m. and there were a few things there I wanted to see. Not enough time to eat at my favorite Panera while I was at our new outdoor mall but too far back into town to come back after a stop at our other mall.

But any way, back to this post. The crowds were unbelievable! It was truly worse than Christmas. It was like everyone waited until 13 minutes to go (including me) before they walked into the store. After I got there I found out that my items of interest were on fabulous sales but they were good all day. No need to hurry. I ended up scoring a new set of sheets for 50% off - regularly $119 for $59. But I also had another 15% off coupon plus a gift card from my "gift for caring". Woo hoo!!


 And then, I found a beautiful set of stainless flatware. My current flatware has "disappeared"...don't know where but it has gone from a service for 14 to 8 dinner forks on a good day! Maybe the forks ran away with the socks!! In any case, I like to set a nice table. I have another "fancier, girly set" that I fall back on on occasion as well as my wedding set but I wanted a FULL set of every day stainless and found this beauty from Lenox. The sale wasn't quite as good but I got to use another coupon as well, so double woo hoo for me.



It is the first time in a long time that I have had one of these ALL day errand days, but it was fun. And, by the way, I got to eat at Panera - the one on my side of town of course because my rule of no doubling back always applies! Off for more flowers and St. Pat's shopping tomorrow. More fun in the works. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment