decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 7, 2014

The Planning Begins

When I left you, I intimated that my next project would be a St. Pat's pallet sign. I wasn't sure just what it would be but after perusing my Pinterest board of St. Pat ideas, I found one that would be a good jumping off spot for me. It came from Fynes Designs. I went to my word program, found a font that I liked, printed it as large as I could and then blew it up to match the horse shoe on my printer/copier. When I began, I really didn't want this to be so large, but I had to go with the only horse shoe I could easily find and that meant the letters would be 6" tall. I initially thought I would go with the word "luck", but have since added the Y for "lucky". I'm thinking I am going to have to make this 3 boards high and as long as it needs to look balanced. Right now, I am thinking I am going to give the horse shoe a nice coat of gold paint. And, even though I plan to stain the wood a walnut color, I am going to make my letters green. I will probably just trace and paint but if the rough wood makes that difficult, I may make a stencil - we shall see. I was going to do this this afternoon, but it is chilly outside and we have the dinner/auction tonight. I "get into" my projects, so figured it might be better to wait until tomorrow so I don't need to go out in public with the stained fingers that I will more than likely be sporting!





So here is the plan (before I added the Y). I am thinking I will probably sneak in a shamrock or two - just have to see how the mood strikes. Hoping this will be on the docket for tomorrow. Stay tuned to see how it works out - and where I will put it for that matter....no idea as I write this!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment