decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 22, 2014

"Hippity' Hoppity...Easter's on Its Way"....

Wow! With all of the St. Pat's fun, designing new gardens, switching decor and just plain spring-has-sprung activity, I have not had a free moment. I FINALLY got the Easter decor out and if you are a faithful readers from years past, I think you will notice a bit of a  difference.

Every time my daughters come into the house, they comment on how much better the decorations look in person than on this blog. I had a "new eye" look back on my past Easters and, quite frankly, if you are still reading this, I am surprised. We can only hope that things looked better in real life!

I guess by now, you probably know that I am NOT a "pastel" kind of gal. They are beautiful colors and I know they are appropriate for this holiday, but I just have a terrible time decorating with them. And yes, I still love all of the vintage things and yes, they are always in pastels, but I still hit a brick wall this year. And so, I changed things up a bit - almost to the point of not using the vintage but I caved - and went mostly with a dark violet and spring green color palette and used lots of naturals to complement. So far all I have photographed is the living room so we will start there.


So this is where I ended up using most of my vintage Easter. Since it is the first thing you see when coming in the front door, I thought I could use it here and then change color directions as soon as you turn the corner.


 I am not loving the paper garland I have festooned around but it is Bethany Lowe that I found on sale after the holiday last year and since a few of these pieces are actually Bethany Lowe as well, it matches perfectly. If time is available, I may come up with a better use for it...we shall see!




I am usually not a fan of egg trees. Think I just figured out that that may be because they are always so "pastelly". Think I told you my daughter gave me some of the eggs she scooped up on sale last year and for some reason I liked this tree...guess it is because these eggs are a deeper - and shinier - color. Always learning new things about myself - good to see what makes me "tick"...and scary too at times!!


Always a special place for the most current bunny photos. Hope to get some new ones soon!







Once again, the realization that my hutch is gone became all too apparent when I started decorating. The hutch used to hold lots of "little things" and, since the goal is to no longer "clutter" with little things, I found myself walking around looking for just the right spot for some of my favorites. I think my MS inspired cabbage basket and glittered beeswax bunnies look right at home here!


Yes, I know that 2 of the egg lights are out. I have 3 sets of these lights and hundreds of replacement bulbs but wouldn't you know that this set uses a bulb I DON'T have. I have been on the lookout for a new set, but no luck so far. Until then, I am "coping" - haha.


I love this old bunny I bought so many years ago and he looks just right in the moss covered cloche set that daughter #1 gave me last year.



So I will be missing in action for the next week. Can't wait to share more Easter but life is interrupting as I head to NYC with daughters and grand daughters for 5 days of fun. I will have MUCH to share upon our return. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment