decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Next on the List.....

I love these lamps. Ever since I saw this on Pinterest, I knew I would be making one this year. My intent had been to shop around at Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. to see if I could find any ugly old lamps for $5.98 like this lady did. Unfortunately, I just haven't had the time to go on the search, so when I was at Lowes the other day and saw this beauty on clearance for $15.98, I grabbed it. Not a bargain but certainly not the most I have ever spent for a Halloween decoration either!

Wasn't sure if I could use this lamp shade, but figured I sure couldn't make it any worse than it was, so I gave it a few coats of black spray paint along with the base that was oil rubbed bronze-usually my favorite finish but black was a necessity for this holiday. Think if I drape that shade with "creepy cloth"-which I have LOTS of because I think I bought every last bag I found last year after Halloween- I will be fine.


Here is how it currently looks. I looked for the styrofoam skeleton heads at Dollar Tree when I was there yesterday, but they didn't have any. I was beginning to think maybe I wouldn't be able to find them this year when I read the tutorial (when all else fails, read the instructions) and saw that the lady got them at Michaels. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will still have them this year-off to find out. If not, anybody got 3 left over styrofoam skeleton heads they would like to pass along? Stay tuned.
















No comments:

Post a Comment