decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Check!!!!



Remember this? I really don't like projects that I can't see through to fruition but this was one of them. When you last saw my kitchen, this is what it looked like. I didn't like having the recycling out in the open but there was no where else for it to go and be readily accessible.

I headed off to Lowes to purchase a pull out bin holder. I knew I would have to lose a half shelf in this cabinet but it was worth the trade off. I "tawanded" the shelf out of there-amazed actually at how well made my OLD cabinets are. Don't think they make them like that any more-but, I digress once again.

Once the shelf was removed, it "should have been" a simple process of installation, but not in my case. Apparently, some well meaning plumber pulled the copper piping for my ice maker from this cabinet's back wall and it was sticking out just far enough to make installation impossible. Believe me, the temptation to just bend the thing back a few inches was hard to resist, but resist I did. I had visions of it either snapping or kinking and my simple job could turn into a "plumber's retirement fund". So we called our go-to guy and waited until he could get here. And, apparently, a new pull out bin system wasn't as exciting to him as it was to me.

He finally showed up and BENT THE TUBING BACK A FEW INCHES with NO dire consequences. Oh well. At least if it had broken while he was here, he would have known how to fix it! Since my 4 year old grandson was spending the night with us, he helped me with the installation. He is a wonderful flashlight holder and screw picker-upper! It really was just a matter of 4 screws and we were here!

It glides in and out incredibly smoothly and I love that we are now back to this:


A place for everything and everything in its place-just don't look on the other side of this room or around the corner or on top of the refrig..... you get the idea. More projects for another day. Stay tuned. But, for today, I can check one off of the list. Sigh!!!! And big smile!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Think I will measure my under-the-sink cabinet to see if I have room for this. I hate having the recycling on the counter. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. +They actually come in a number of sizes so you should be able to find one. I am LOVING it!

    ReplyDelete