decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Welcome Autumn

And welcome to my autumnal home! I will be the first to admit that I have trouble saying good-bye to Halloween. As a matter of fact, just when I thought I was done putting it all away, I realized that all of my Halloween shirts, sweaters and jewelry are still out as well as a file of new magazines and craft ideas-not to mention boxes of Halloween craft supplies. I'm not sure where all of this will go, but as long as it doesn't show in the pictures I have taken for you, let's get going!

Seems like we always start in the living room so we will once again. Showing you my long wooden box again just because I really love it and it was a no-brainer. I love it when things work out like that. To the left of the box is my brown jug with twigs and to the right is a straw turkey sitting on a large candle holder.

Not a great shot but wanted you to see that the autumnal color is back on top of the armoire along with the bird cage and 2 Pottery Barn lanterns.




Not a lot of change in other parts of this room. That shiny thing in the picture above is a turkey that I bought in a tearoom gift shop in Tampa. We used to go to a witch's tea every year and they had us go through the gift shop to get to the tearoom. Kind of like waiting in the country store to be seated at the Cracker Barrel. The day usually ends up costing more than just the price of the food. That turkey is really pretty in real life-just not very photogenic! His wings are autumn leaves tipped in tiny glass beads and his wattle is made of hanging crystals.

Still love the picture that I downloaded from "The Lettered Cottage" last year. The verdi gris lantern is a new favorite. I got it on my last trip to The Barn and I think I will be able to keep it out for all seasons and holidays and just dress it up a bit with a tag or ribbon. It is low enough that I can also use it in the center of my table for luncheons or dinner parties. I like finding treasures like this because that means one less thing to store away after the fact. I know that is kind of funny but I truly have so much seasonal decor that I have completely run out of storage space and unless I write myself a note, I spend way too much time the next year trying to find where I "stored" things. Let's just say it's a good thing that most of my beds are pretty far off the floor and I have long, heavy bed skirts!

Next post we'll head to the family room. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. Our house looks naked right now. The girls are really pushing to start putting up Christmas next week!

    ReplyDelete