decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 18, 2011

Gobble, Gobble

Don't know if anyone has been to Wal-Mart lately, but they had some nice autumn table settings in their Better Homes and Gardens area. I bought some great salad plates that have beautiful leaves on them-very PB"ish". I will use them for next September's decorating. While there picking them up, I spied this turkey plate. I love him and if I remember correctly, he was only $10.


Here are the salad plates I have on the hutch this month. I got them last year at Home Goods. I had fully intended to get back there this year and see if they had anything else in this pattern, but it was not to be-and I have survived!





As you can see, I have two downloaded subway art pictures in this room alone. There are so many out there right now and I was going to look for some new ones to replace these from last year, but until I finish Hud's alphabet book, I am not adding any new projects to the table.

That's it for the dining room-not much innovation. I will get better, I promise. We are back in town for a few days and will then be on the road again for Thanksgiving. This is the year for our family to all be together on the "real" day and I am looking forward to it very much. This will also be the day that my husband and I try to get our group picture for our Christmas card-wish me luck! I "pinned" some cute props that people have been using. I guess the idea is that if the kid is concentrating on holding the prop, he/she may be more amenable to just smiling for the camera. It sounds like a good idea. I may try it if time permits me making some cute props. Of course, it could totally backfire as well....oh the possibilities! I'll let you know how it turns out. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment