decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Big Day

It is hard to believe, but Hudson turns 4 today! He just recently went from being a chubby faced toddler to a (still chubby cheeked and probably always will be) little boy! He carries on real conversations and I can understand him now. He definitely has a mind of his own and can be stubborn at times, but I think that's a good thing in this day and age. He knows who he is and what he wants. He is super sweet and very empathetic and mostly, he always seems really excited to see Nana and Papa. We are on our way to surprise him at a little party in his classroom at school. Then, we will have a family party later this week when everyone has come to town.

And, he is the reason for this mess.......

which has finally turned into this book. I love making these books. There really is no pressure to "make it perfect". It is just random pictures relating to a letter sound so I can have lots of fun with it and take lots of "poetic license".

This is how I do the pages and it seems like I continue to find new words for some time to come. I haven't even given the book to Hudson yet and I already have several more things to add. It is their own special scrapbook and I find they look at this much more than they do their "official" scrapbooks which take so much more time to do that I think I may have retired from that!

Thought I would share a few pictures of our recent sport adventures previously posted. This is how we "defend" the goal!?

Here is Harrison's football team. Most of the kids are at least on their feet and heading in the right direction, so this was a good play!

But, when all is said and done, this is the reason we do it all. He is so proud of himself and he had a good day. In fact, he had a great week as he received a special academic award at the first quarter ceremony and was also asked to read his paper at his school's monthly literature gathering. Guess first grade is agreeing with him!

Today, after the party, I am actually looking forward to having some time to re-organize. I have been grabbing, using and shoving for some time now and I finally decided it was time to get things back in the right places. Don't know what has come over me, but I am going with it before the mood changes!. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment