decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Sad Good-bye


I guess I don't have to tell you how much I love the month of October and the holiday it brings us! I am always so sad to see it go and it always goes much too quickly-perhaps because I always have way too much to squeeze into 31 short days. That is how I love it but also the reason that there is never enough "October"!

We managed to get in all of our traditions but my long bucket list of crafts suffered along the way. So many things to make...so little time! I think I will start next year's Halloween crafting in May. Seriously! I am most sad about not getting to my "Dead and Breakfast" sign. I really thought this would be my year. But alas, it was not to be. Sadly, I even found all of the wood right in my garage. But have no fear, it will be #1 on the list next year.

On the other hand, when you see the following pictures and make note of those precious faces, you will see why this October will go down in history as a month well spent!


Nana & Papa as Jessie & Woody

Caitlin as Medusa and Olivia as a peacock

Hannah as a magician & Morgan as a sailor girl

Presley as Wonder Woman

Hudson as Superman

Harrison as Batman

Nana & Papa with all the kiddles

The whole gang: Kristin & Rich were Richard Simmons and a loyal fan, Becky & Todd were a deer blinded by the "headlights", Jennie & Elton were junk food junkies and Jim & Cyndi were a witch and her "cat". Every year the costumes and imagination floor me. We are a crazy group and we have so much fun with this night!

Nana & Hud at the pre-school party. Note cookie in hand.

Presley at pre-school party. Note cookie on table but icing on face!


Now, bring on November. I still have my Halloween decorations up as I have been out of town, so I am starting already a week behind, but the euphoria of my favorite month will carry me through I am sure! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment