decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Sun Can't Come Soon Enough!

The sun can't come soon enough...in more ways than one! I live in Florida and anyone who is at all familiar with Florida knows that summer in this state equals rain every afternoon...and sometimes all day! It is what it is and we get used to it. On the flip side, it does help to keep the flora green as opposed to the hay it becomes after a few days of dry, scorching sun. My description makes ones wonder why anyone in their right mind would ever want to live here but, the rest of the time more than makes up for it.

We have had a bit of an overload of late so, doing anything in the yard is off the table. And, quite honestly, so is doing any large projects in the house...at least for me. When everything it so dreary, I have a hard time getting amped up about any household anything.

And so, I guess it was good that I had some company this past week to help me keep my mind off of the gloomy weather outside. I had all three of my youngest grand children and their Golden-Doodle here for four days while their folks were off at an engineering conference. I took no pictures and I can't really say we have a lot to show for it...other than lots of time to talk and wile away the days. We played a few games, did a bit of cooking, watched a movie or two but, basically, we just enjoyed being together. The boys still had to go to their football conditioning - and since the oldest is now driving, I was swept back to the days of being a worrying mom again until everyone was safely back at home - but, we made it and it was fun. Now the house is quiet once again.

After finally deciding what we think the weather will be like for the 4th, everyone who can has decided to converge at daughter #3's home for our celebration. It is looking like it will be indoors - and that's fine - but, we have some outdoor things planned to slip in between the raindrops if we can!

So that was where I left off. I was going to start all over but, since that all still rings true, I will just continue. We had a wonderful time on 4th of July. The weather was perfect and we got to be outside playing corn hole and patio connect-four as well as do some swimming. We took the obligatory shots with the grand kids and that was about it. I didn't get any of the beautiful decorations, island full of holiday food or just everyone being everyone...we were having too much fun to interrupt those things with pictures but, here is what I have.



Even though I was hunkered down waiting for Elsa - which, thankfully didn't amount to much more than a typical Florida summer storm - I did get my sunflowers up quickly. It's not that I don't love my red, white and blue...it's that I am OVER summer and ready for even the smallest hint of what is to come. I use sunflowers and pretend that they stand for the summer "sun" but, we all know, that to me they bring the the slightest hint of autumn and I am a much happier camper. In any case, that tour will be starting soon!

Before I go, I need to mention my title bar on my blog. I'm not sure how many of you see that because of the varied places you can be watching from but, Blogger has been throwing out weird changes and there are lots of glitches that didn't used to be there. I have learned to navigate most of them but, when I went in to change the theme bar on my blog for "summer", I did exactly what I have done a thousand times before but, alas, this time it shrunk the pictures and moved the title. I went to EVERY place I could find that pertained to these two things but I could not find a way to fix it. I did try different options but those all made it worse and so, for now, until I can figure it out (or someone else can...or, it magically goes back as fast as it came on), this is how it will look. Sorry. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment