decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Busy Days!

Have you ever had a day...or week...that goes by so quickly you can't believe it is already over and yet you can't really say what you did or accomplished? That is how my week has gone. Except for a hair appointment, I haven't really left the house yet I have been busy almost every moment. I sure wish I could show you a lot of pictures of what I have accomplished but it has been mostly the little things that have been on a to-do list forever but, even though now done, no one but me would recognize the difference!

Most of these have been really little things...like tightening screws, spot cleaning, etc. but, there is one that ended up being larger than expected. Remember my kitchen dilemma...repaint cabinets with another paint or another color or just retouch? Well, it kind of turned into a "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" kind of project. First, 2 of the cans of paint that I had were not usable, the one that was was so thick it could hardly spread, there were way more "touch-up" spots than I thought, and on and on! I watered down the paint-almost too much so there was lots of drippage- and started. The problem was that the touch-up was in places that haven't been touched before so the once white paint looked gray next to the new white paint. That meant more painting including the entire face of every door and drawer. I won't bore you with the rest of the details but, suffice it to say, I am no longer even considering redoing everything. I did the best I could and, if any inconsistency of paint is noticeable to anyone, I will blame the shadows. It took me ALL day and I was exhausted but, for the moment, they look nice again. 

And so, I thought you might be ready to move on with the summer decor tour. Let's head into the dining room. Once again, citrus colors and lots of pottery abound... not to mention sunflowers!






If you remember, I made these sunflowers last year. I saw the idea on "The Crafty Decorator" and just had to give them a try. I think I was honest when I said, for the amount of work-and there were MANY steps-and the time they took, I'm not sure I would do them again or, for that matter, even use them again. But, then this year is here and I still had that big spot to fill. I thought more purchased flowers would just not fill the bill and so, I relented and put them back out. They were a bit easier to arrange this year and, for whatever reason, I like them a bit better. Not enough to make more though. Lol



So, that is it for the dining room. I have been watching every blog I can in the hopes of seeing more sunflower crafts, but, so far, none that I want to do. With the way that I'm feeling about this summer, this might all be coming down sooner rather than later anyhow and I might just be on to autumn. At least I can have my favorite season IN my house when Mother Nature is lagging way behind! Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment