decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 11, 2021

The Time Has Come!!

I couldn't wait another minute to get my late summer decor up and start my tour for you. It is, after all, the middle of July and by the middle of August, I will already be getting out my autumn decor. With all of the work that it takes to switch my seasonal themes, I really like it if they can be out at least a month before another switch is due. 

And so, with all of that being said, let's see the beginning of Late Summer 2021.



I have already explained why I use the sunflowers at this time of year but I also use this as an opportunity to pull in some citrus and the colors of citrus as well. And, while I'm at it, I use a lot of my Mediterranean influenced pieces as well. In my mind it all just works well together and gives me a chance to use things I love that might not fit into any other themes during the year. 

I love this copper mercury glass bottle that daughter #1 bought me and when I found those gorgeous sunflowers last year, I knew exactly where they were meant to go!


I also still love this arrangement that I bought at Julies of Provence many, many years ago. I stick the sunflowers in there at this time of year but I also use it at other times without them.





The sunflower arrangement here is also from Julie's...many, many years ago. Sadly, Julie just retired and closed her doors but I am so happy I was able to get so many of her beautiful things before she did. My daughter and I would make a trip to her shop every time I was down there. Her things were definitely not inexpensive, but, as the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for"...witness these arrangements still here and still really looking just as good as they did the day I bought them. This one is in a large, rusty container which makes it a double "winner" in my book!

So that is the beginning of my late summer decor. I really love it so much and knowing it takes me one step closer to autumn makes me so happy! Stay safe and stay tuned.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment