decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Merry Christmas in July!

Today was like Christmas...in July. I think I posted that daughter #1 and daughter #3 (both decorators) were up in Atlanta this week at the Home Market. They go several times a year and always have fun although it is a very busy week. There are so many vendors to see, new accounts to be established, etc. Usually there is no cash and carry but this year they were at a vendor who had a show special...and it was these fabulous dough bowls.


Daughter #3 has actually used the dough bowl candles in her own home for awhile so, when they had the opportunity to purchase some to take with them, they both grabbed up a lot. They are planning to use them as they style their clients homes and then maybe present them to the client as a small gift.

 Daughter #1 knows her mom so well...and as she was showing me her loot, she told me I could take whatever I wanted. She is also the one who gifted me my beautiful vintage dough bowl that I love so much! Not wanting to be greedy, I chose the candles that would leave me with dough bowls in sizes that I can use after the candle is burned down and also the two small ones that can be used in so many ways!

And, as if that wasn't enough of a surprise, the mailman brought the primitive, timer taper candles that I had ordered that weren't supposed to be delivered until next week. Yay! I love getting gifts! There are really so many places that I can use these bowls but here is where I put them for now. This one in the living room is called "Relax" and scents the entire room with the most beautiful fragrance.

I put the second one in the family room because I think it complements the white washed candle holders.

The two smaller ones are in the kitchen but I know as I do more decorating, they will find their way into many more vignettes.


And, doesn't this guy look so much cuter with the correct sized candle...not to mention that he is on a timer so he will pop on with all of my other candles every night. It's funny how little things like this can make me absolutely giddy!

So I think that is the end of my surprises for the day. Kris has made it home safely and Jen is catching up with her family and preparing for re-entry back to the demands of being a busy decorator while I am just going to sit back, enjoy my new goodies and maybe hit the pool. Stay safe and stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment