decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 20, 2020

Time Is Moving Quickly

 I just realized that Thanksgiving is less than a week away and I am still dragging my feet on the last of the 2020 decor. In my defense, we have had some super perfect autumn temperatures again and I have been drawn outside. Boy, did the heat of this summer keep me from keeping the weeds down in my gardens! I actually have most of them now done and waiting for mulch. The only thing left is the point on the other side of the pool and that will require not only weeding but lots of trimming of the hedges. That one will wait until next week...when I can stand straight again. Lol

And so, let's get into the dining room and sunroom today.

I'm so glad that I thought of putting the velvet pumpkins I made many years ago into the old box I made. For a few years I didn't even put the pumpkins out...and yet I held on to them for some reason...and, I guess this may be it. I still wasn't happy with the hard edges of the box so I bought some soft branches at HL and I like the way it now looks.


I sure wish I had put the date on this old embroidery. I actually had completely forgotten I even had it. Again, I'm really not sure why I held on to it because I had stopped displaying it years and years ago. I think I shoved it up on a shelf somewhere and just happened upon it when I was looking for something else. I have always wished that I had an old house with a walk-in attic so that I could discover lovely family heirlooms like they seem to do in all of the Hallmark movies but, this is probably as close as I will ever get to one of those moments.

In any case, the fabric is a little lot yellowed and I did stamped embroidery long before I ever started cross stitch...which was so long ago that I can't even remember...so, this piece is pretty old...a lovely family heirloom if you will. Lol

I also stopped regularly displaying the antique jugs but, somehow, even though my decor is no longer as "country" as it once was, these jugs just scream "autumn" to me. And, I'm glad I kept them.

Oh how I love the colors of autumn!


The sunroom is so hard to photograph because it is so long and narrow that I just kind of did a quick little nod to it this month.




I still love the little turkey photo holders that my grand daughters and I made for everyone as Thanksgiving gifts one year. The little cutie holding the letter "H" at her Pre-school Thanksgiving program and feast is the one who made this turkey. Gotta love his feet!

So that is that for today. I have a delivery coming tomorrow that I am so excited about...if all goes as planned...and I never count on things going exactly as planned in these Covid days. But, if it does, I will be back to share my surprise with you. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment