decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Let's Finish Up!

With the holiday fast approaching and my week ahead pretty well already booked with some fun things...not to mention Thanksgiving meal preparation...I figured I had better finish up this year's decor tour.  Let's head to the family room first.


This is my view every evening and it is so pretty when all of the candles are flickering. Unfortunately, I can never get a good picture of that...you'll just have to come and see for yourself!



I just love all of the colors of autumn...maybe because they fit in perfectly with the chippy, rusty look that I love so much as well?!





I was doing fairly well decorating these shelves until this month. They are so large and so deep-not to mention that just the size of the entire piece has such a huge presence-that small things just don't fill the bill. I am not entirely happy with how these turned out...hopefully I will come up with some better ideas by next year. I think my goal will be to find pieces of substance that I can use all year and simply just change the foliage or flowers. Then, I would only have to come up with accent pieces for each holiday/season...we shall see.

I will have to admit that, with so many people posting about jumping straight to Christmas decorating, I am getting a bit antsy to start as well. But, knowing myself as I do, I also know that I don't want to be celebrating Thanksgiving with Christmas decor all around me. And so, I will refrain from jumping the gun although, since the kids have this week off of school, I think my grandsons are going to come over and help with getting up the outside lighting. And, my grand daughter is anxious to come and get her world famous Indian corn made once again. Through all of the years of my grand children's lives, we have done hundreds of fun and fabulous projects but, it is always fun to see the ones that they remember the most and ask to do over and over. And, for Presley, the Indian corn treats are one of the most requested.

And, we now have yet another teenager in our family. Hudson turned 13 yesterday and we had a fun Gator game watching party! It was very low key because today he and several friends are off to Orlando for a day at TopGolf. But, it did have lots of yummy food and a favorite "Betty Cake"  ( a local bakery that makes the most delicious goodies ) so we were all happy.

I think it's time I get some lists made so I know where and when I have to be this coming week. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment