decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 13, 2020

Be Prepared

Yes, I was a Girl Scout...and a G.S. leader not only for my three girls but two of my grand daughters as well. And, even if I hadn't have been, I would probably always be prepared. I like being ready and anticipating things that I might need. When something pops into my head, I want to be able to do it...right then...not after having to make a list, get dressed, shop for supplies, etc. Hmmm, that kind of sounds like I might not be the world's most patient person? Lol

And so, with the thought of the pine greenery possibly being in short supply this year-and, knowing that good Christmas items do tend to sell out long before Christmas-I decided to hedge my bet and pick up a lot of greenery while I could. No, it doesn't look-or smell-as good as the real stuff but, I will at least be able to get my Christmas decorating done "just in case". And, I have a bit in common with Sophie Kinsella's Shopoholic...if one is good, than two should be better and three will be wonderful...etc. 

I have no idea where any of this is going or how it will be used but, it was all on sale and I bet I won't even have a bit of trouble figuring it out soon. Lol

I thought this vintage Santa mug was so cute. I might slip one of the small trees I already showed you into it...or, I just might use it to drink my coffee. Also, I am a sucker for holiday spatulas and these are so pretty...and just $1 each!

I grabbed a few bottle brush trees because I think they might look cute nestled with some candles in a lantern. Everyone else must have had the same idea because these are the only two green ones I could find so far. And, I grabbed another box of rusty bells-because they were there-and some ribbon. I so much more prefer to use "real" ribbon for bows on my packages than the stuff they sell in the wrapping aisle so, when they go 50% off I usually grab them as well.

I grabbed this print because I think it might help to fill in one of those big spaces on the new TV unit. Those shelves take a lot to make them look full so I thought I should "be prepared". And, if it doesn't end up there, it is neutral enough to work anywhere.

So that, in addition to the other stuff I already grabbed...and, as an aside, it is a good thing I did because some of that is already sold out and in this crazy year we are having, who knows how long it might take to restock...or if it ever will...should give me a good start and a chance to change a few things up.

Ahhhh, gotta take it one day at a time and pray that 2020 and all of this craziness is soon behind us. Until then, I will spend my days staying busy in all sorts of small ways and "being prepared". Stay safe and stay tuned.









No comments:

Post a Comment