decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 21, 2020

2020 Can't Surprise Me Anymore!

 So this was supposed to be my big reveal. Everything was going exactly as planned. I got every phone call just when they said I would and the truck rolled up my circle right on time...all things just like clock work! I should have known. Lol

I showed the young man what they would be removing and then sat down while they went out to unpack the new arrival. It didn't take very long before he was back and asked me to come outside. He said "I think you might want to refuse this delivery". "Might" want to refuse? The entire top of the new appliance was crushed. I'm not sure how that is even possible with stainless steel...in a box...surrounded with packing foam...but, alas, it was.

And so, the purchase that just went way too smoothly had now hit a snag. The delivery service told me to call the store. So much easier said than done. I was on hold for over 10 minutes when finally someone came on the line and said they were busy with in-store customers. So, I figured I had better become an in-store customer quickly before everything was sold.

Off I went and although my friend, who I always purchase from, wasn't there today I had a very nice gentleman try to help me. Of course, no more at the store...no more at the warehouse. New delivery date was to be December 20. Oh well. But then he found one in Inverness. If all of the stars align, (and everyone does their job correctly) it will arrive here by Monday or Tuesday with "possible" delivery by next Friday. sigh

With everything else going on in the world, things like this really don't bother me any more. It was an accident. Everyone did the best they could to remedy the problem and, let's just say, it's a good thing I wasn't supposed to be making a Thanksgiving turkey! Lol

Just a minor set back. Stay safe and stay tuned.

Spoiler Alert! This is what it was supposed to look like...what a beauty. I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment