decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

You Gotta Have Heart

I never know what will strike my fancy or, quite frankly, why it does. But, as I was looking through my Valentines Pinterest page, I found a vintage looking wood heart and I wanted to make one.

I set out to find the same paper that was used in the inspiration photo and I did...at HL...and on sale 4/$1.00!

I had a few minutes this morning so I got started. I gathered the supplies and traced the heart shape on to the papers, cut them out and Mod Podged them on.





At this point I stepped back and looked at it. It really looked pretty close to my inspiration but somehow felt more "wedding-ish" than Valentine to me. I am also not the biggest "pastel" fan...and I like contrast. And so, I grabbed another of the papers that I bought. I bought the dark paper just because I liked it with no plans on how or when I might use it. Luckily I did because once I cut a piece to lay over the pink flowers, I liked it so much better.

Once that paper was dry, I decided to add the band of paper across the seams. I wanted it simple so I just hand wrote the word love 3 times and called it a day.

The final step was sanding the edges and a bit of the surface and then hitting it hard with my Tim Holtz "Frayed Burlap Distress Ink". And, of course, deciding where to put it. 


For now it is in the guest bath. We'll see if it stays there.



As I was in the guest bath I realized that I never shared it with you so let's finish up the tour.






And, just the smallest nod to the holiday in the master bath.



I think that finishes up all of the things I wanted to show you for Valentine's Day. I will probably be spending the rest of the week tying up all of the loose ends for this coming weekend. Lots of groceries to be bought and then a bit of prep work on my part so we can fit it all in. Fun overload on its way. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment