decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 18, 2019

The Wearin' of the Green

I love St. Patrick's Day. It could be because of my Irish heritage or it could be because I just love the color green so much. It makes me calm and kind of like I have brought the outdoors in.

Welcome to the start of the St. Pat's decor 2019.



I love it when things like this happen. Usually around this time of year, I head out to dig up small clumps of shamrocks that have popped up here and there. I pot them and then bring them in and babysit them for awhile until they get strong and large. As I was looking around, I discovered this beauty already potted for me. Where once there was a mum, there was now this glorious plant-guess I have a bird to thank? In any case, it looks just right here-one less spring plant to buy!



Here is the first burlap door hanger I ever made. I had so much fun making it that I didn't stop until I had one for every month/holiday.



I switched the entry up a bit. I decided to hang the moss covered shamrock that the kids and I made a few years back over the mirror and return the garden plaque to its proper spot. I was able to do that because I didn't hang the banner this year.








I still smile every time I bring out this cutie. My grand daughters and I made them many years ago from clay flower pots and every year it becomes my most "pinned" image.










I still love the vintage sign my daughter gave me. It reminds me that I need to check HL to see if they came out with any new ones this year-one can never have too much vintage. Lol





I usually try to find at least one new treasure for each holiday and, I must say, St. Pat's has been pretty down played this year. I hit Home Goods and was sure I would find many goodies. After all, that is where I found my complete set of St. Pat's dinnerware and a number of my favorite other decorations just a few years back. I haven't been able to find anything so I decided to give a try to an Etsy store that I have had my eye on for awhile that sells the most beautiful pillow covers ever! And, most of their designs are vintage...and, you know how I feel about that. I ended up ordering two and, since they are hand made when ordered, they won't be here for a few weeks but I will be sure and share as soon as they arrive. Isn't that couch just begging for a fabulous pillow right there in the middle? Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment