decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Random thoughts...

So this is one of "those" mornings. I have a lunch time appointment. All of the real things on my to-do list are projects that will require some time-time I don't have. But, I have too much time to do nothing. This is when I get in trouble become creative and start walking around looking for things to do or tweak.

When I told you about my pillow orders, I forgot to mention one other little goodie coming my way It's this beauty!


I know I have mentioned many times before how obsessed I am with script, stamps, postmarks and postcards. Well, I guess I need to extend that list to include mailboxes. If you remember, I bought a red Santa's mailbox for Christmas and I loved it. I had a really hard packing it up when Christmas was over. And so, no brainer, when this goodie entered my email, I wasted no time in ordering it...and, I'm really glad I did because it sold out in no time flat!

It will be here on Thursday afternoon so, of course, my brain went to thinking about hanging it. I knew I was going to hang it by the chest inside the front door. That is where the Christmas one hung. And, I knew that I would want to put some sort of floral tucked into the slot. I was kind of thinking of lavender but in order to skip the step of another shopping trip, I went shopping my house.

I started in the closet where I keep a lot of spring arrangements and found something close...that might work. But then, I realized that this bundle would be enough to fill the olive bucket I've been wanting to fill...so,...


...this now sits in a previously much too empty a spot...and the quest for mailbox filler continued. The sad part is that while I was in the spring closet, I also found a number of other green things that could be out and shining. But, alas, there is truly no other spot available-guess they will have to wait their turn until spring.

I any case, I did find these so I just stuck them here until the mailbox arrives and we shall see. Does anyone else think they might to too "purple" for St. Pat's. I don't mind the light lavender color for this holiday because it reminds me of the color of the blooms on shamrocks but I usually save the darker shade for spring and Easter. I think I see another shopping trip in my future. Lol


All of this reminded me that I haven't shared another "random thought" with you. During most of the end of 2018, I had some kind of a floral container on the bay window area in my bedroom. Previously I had just had a few photos and my clock there but I enjoyed the height that the florals brought to the area so when I saw 60% off some decent faux flowers at Michaels the other day, I grabbed a few.

I must say that I have recently been drawn to vignettes online that featured peonies or ranunculas. That is what I set out to get. Imagine my utter joy when I found an arrangement of both at Home Goods. I couldn't get to it fast enough. Imagine again when I flipped the price tag to see the numbers $199.99 staring back at me. I guess that is when I changed my mind about what I could or could not live without!

I think the flowers I found at Michaels are probably cabbage roses but, once I got them home and in the flower holder, I realized how well they went with the things already here. Check out the design on my clock and carpeting in this room and, if you look really closely you might catch a glimpse of the same flowers on one of my frames. Ah...serendipity!





So now that you've had another insight into just how my brain functions-and possibly why I get in way less trouble when I'm working on one of my larger projects-I'm off to my appointment. If I have time, I'm hoping to run by Lowes and start picking up some things for spring maintenance. With our weather in the 80s this week, I find it hard to believe that we'll plunge very much lower any time soon so I'm ready to get a head start. Out with the old and in with the new!! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment