decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, February 21, 2019

It's So Easy Being Green...Especially In This Weather

We are having an incredibly mild HOT winter. I am having a hard time believing that it is February and our temps are hitting in the 80s every afternoon. It definitely lulls you into a false sense of spring! After I did some weeding and planting and re-potting yesterday, I hit the garden centers again today for yet more plants and flowers. Guess you could say that I'm putting all of my money (literally) on no more frosts or freezing weather this year. It is just so hard not to be outside in the gardens in this weather!

As much as I love spring and all that it brings, there are a few things I could live without-pollen and falling leaves. My yard is full of huge, old oak trees and the leaves are coming down in sheets. Just when I get the drive and decks blown off there is another deluge! And the pine pollen is everywhere. Keeping my fingers crossed for some nice rains to wash some of the yellow away.

While all of that happens outside, St. Pat's continues inside so let's move into the kitchen.













I still love this cross stitch done by daughter #2 in 1985 as a part of her project on Ireland.



Not much to say about the kitchen. I left things pretty much as they were last year. I've got more to show you but first I'm off to the yard to get the new plants down...and keep my fingers crossed for a few showers tonight. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment