decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 11, 2019

Heart Day 2019 is in the Books!

After all of the planning, shopping and prepping, it is kind of hard to believe that Valentine weekend at Nana's is over. We had a super busy, fun time. This year, I am especially thankful that my brother and sister-in-law and daughter #2 were here to help. The older I get, it seems the more hands, the merrier!

So we always start with photos. Sometimes they go better than others but they usually end up with a bit of silliness!






We were also happy that we were able to squeeze in a bit of a birthday celebration for daughter #2.



We went super simple on food this year. We had sandwiches and chips for lunch and were on to making the cookies and gifts.




I'm pretty sure Har was plotting some sort of mischief here. Lol Each of the kids made a different color frosting and then used matching sanding sugar.




This was the first time we made these "Kiss" cookies but it won't be the last. They are so good and the icing hardened perfectly so we didn't have any "sticking together" issues.


We also made these chocolate shortbreads again this year. Somehow I missed any pictures of that.


I love the "casual" approach the boys take to making the Rolo pretzel treats!




Our family gifts are personalized plates full of cookies and wine glasses for the moms...as well as the soaps that Presley made last week. It was fun to get them all made and then packaged up.

The plates looked easy enough when I found the idea but it is kind of hard to get two fingerprints facing just so to somewhat resemble a heart-let alone doing it on curved edges 9 times on each plate. Thanks goodness Aunt Cyndi is so patient,








The wine glasses were not as difficult but they did require drying time between colors.




Since it had already been a busy day and we had more to do, we went really simple with dinner as well-heart shaped veggies and cheese in our salad and heart shaped pizzas. We ate some of our yummy cookies with ice cream for dessert.



We always like to play some Valentine games before settling in for the night. This year I found a lot more Minute-To-Win-It games. I think the one that was the most fun was the "stack conversation hearts on the end of a tongue depressor held in your mouth" game. In fact, I was laughing so hard at how silly everyone looked that I couldn't keep my tongue depressor in my mouth so I just took this picture!


Sunday brought us a delicious breakfast and then, after all of the plates and glasses had baked overnight and cooled, we were ready to assemble the gifts.





So another holiday weekend at Nana's is over. Can you believe that I'm already looking for ideas to do it all again for St. Pat's? Out with the red...in with the green! As a matter of fact, I think I already have a few "green" or "rainbow" things that I have found over the past year...I'm off to find them. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment