decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, January 25, 2019

When Your "Heart's" Just Not Into It!

Figured I should be real! Today was an epic fail and I really do believe that my heart was just not into it!!!

While waiting for a call from a repairman that I did not want to miss, I figured I would find something to do that would keep me busy but also not far from whichever phone they chose to call. Yes, I know, I should just tell them what number to call. You would think that would be a no-brainer. BUT, I did just that a month ago with these same people and had my cell phone with me at ALL times that day-no matter where I went. Apparently, as I stepped outside (with the phone they were supposed to be calling) to fill the bird feeders, they called on the land line and I missed the call. And, it was NOT just a simple call back. But, I digress.

So, keeping all of that in mind, today seemed the perfect day to make my Valentine cards. I knew I had TONS of Valentine paper so I didn't purchase anything new while I was at HL the other day. I pulled up my Valentine Pinterest board and looked at all of the card ideas I had there. I must say, I really didn't have any I loved but I found the one I liked the most and started out.

It was then that I realized that the design I was using needed my papers to all be card stock designs and the ones that I had that I liked (meaning...the traditional colors of red, white and black that I am drawn to...probably because of the sharp contrasts) were just scrapbook paper and would not work. I had a fair share of Valentine card stock but none was really in the palette that I wanted.

I forged ahead and cut out the hearts for at least the sample and tried placing them on a white background. Just as I expected, there was not enough contrast for me and the hearts just looked wimpy.

I went and got some of my distressing inks and tried a color called "frayed burlap" because one of the papers I was using had a brown base. Nope, not doing it. Then, I tried my favorite black edges but that looked horrible with the brown. I thought maybe if I stamped a sentiment in red that that might help. Not only didn't it help but I couldn't even decide where to place it.

When all was said and done, I had to admit that I didn't even like the beginning idea...just not doing it for me. And so, I declared the effort an epic fail. I thought I would make a HL run tomorrow and see what I could find when I came upon some extra cards I have made in years past-that I actually liked-and so, they are the ones that will be going out this year. I hope the recipients have short memories-it's the thought that counts, right?



Yikes! It's going to take me awhile to put away all of this mess. At least it will keep me close to the phones. Lol Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment