decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Decisions, Decisions!

The date is the weekend of February 9, 2019. That is when it looks like everyone involved will be able to make it for our traditional "Kids Weekend at Nana's"! Now, let the real planning begin.

I think I have mentioned before that I have been thinking about the crafts we might make this year. I always try to come up with something new but also something useful. I have always loved handprint art but now that my oldest grandson is almost 6', it's hard to find things that will fit his handprint. And so, I came across this fingerprint plate. Since the kids also like to bake up a bunch of cookies, I thought they could package them wrapped up on the plates as their family gifts this year. I got round plates at the $ Tree so our design pattern will be a bit different and probably won't have the kids' names as there will be many more "hearts" needed to fill our design area. In any case, here is my jumping off point.


Presley has already begun asking me about things. She saw my soap download and since she loved making the heart shaped soaps we made a few years back, she asked if we could do the conversation hearts this year. I just happened upon the mold at 50% off at Michaels the other day so I grabbed it and thought it might also be fun to make everyone a bag of these hearts as an extra gift.


Since I have to make another trip to the $ Tree for something else, I thought I might also pick up some wine glasses and let the kids each make one of these for the ladies of the family. We've done this process on mugs and tee shirts so it should be pretty easy for them. The hardest part is always waiting for one color paint to dry before moving on to another.


Meal planning is always the most challenging. Since I want to stay in the theme but we will probably be a bit short on time due to a baseball game (yes, we have another team sport in the family), I think I will fall back on old favorites-heart shaped sandwiches for lunch and heart shaped pizza, salad and broccoli for dinner.




Dessert will be homemade cookies and ice-cream. We always make the pink chocolate chip cookies and the chocolate shortbreads but I am contemplating a change or two this year. I might ask the kids which they would prefer-I'll let you know. So many choices.











I'm really enamored by these kiss cookies so I think they are a "for sure"!

I'm going easy again with the breakfast the next morning-pancakes, bacon and fruit should fill the bill!





We have always played a few Minute-to-Win-It games and last year added Valentine HeadBandz and "Hearts to Hearts" (a variation of Apples to Apples). This year I found even more fun Minute-to-Win-Its. I think I have more than enough to keep everyone busy and happy.

Now, if I could just get through all of this "preparation"! I know it looks like a mess but I really do know what and where everything is! Believe it or not, this is just the beginning of my gathering! And, I can't wait for the date to come!!


In the mean time, I am keeping watch over the gardens. Even though we have had some really cool nights, nothing has been touched yet. The camellias are blooming and beautiful as are the Gerbera daisies, tea olives, pentas and other flowering bushes. The hydrangeas have tons of leaf buds and the climbing rose and bougainvilleas are doing well. Fingers crossed this is the worst we get.

Looks like I have a busy week to come but I will be back soon. I actually found a Valentine craft I think I might like to try. I don't have all of the supplies so it will just depend on how much time I have to get out and about and looking-wish I had thought of it a day earlier when I was out and about..Stay tuned.































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment