decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Spring, Spring...

Wait! What!? After the hottest summer, we are having the most incredibly beautiful winter. Our days are in the 70s while the nights fall to the 40s and 50s. It gets just cool enough for us to know it is winter but not so cold (yet) to necessitate heavy coats and gloves. It is making it even more difficult for me to stay in and get Christmas down and Valentines up because I would so rather be outside but I persevered and got it done!

Of course, as I was decorating the front porch, I realized that I still don't have a burlap door hanger made for this holiday. It is the last one I have to make and fully intended to have one done by now but, as so often happens, life got in the way. I am hoping I can tackle it this weekend. Never-the-less, why don't we start the tour and I can show you the hanger as it happens.

I did a few simple changes this year in my pursuit of simplifying but I haven't been shopping since Valentines hit the stores so we shall see what happens then!

Welcome to Valentine's Day 2019. And yes, the tulips are already in the stores!!


 Once again the left over, still blooming and thriving poinsettias are on the Valentine porch. That is never my first choice but, until I see some new pretty blooms in the garden centers, they will do. They are red after all.



The door as it stands right now-hope to see a burlap hanger here soon.





















Wow, I just realized that I got through that whole post with hardly a word of explanation. I guess this room and its decor speaks for itself-lol I really didn't make many changes to the way it was last year.

And, I still haven't gotten to my door hanger. Wednesday afternoon my daughter and grand kids surprised me with a visit and then we met my SIL downtown for dinner. Ever since then, I have been on the go. My two "decorator" daughters are in Atlanta at the design show so I am doing some Nana duty. Picked the two youngest up after school on Thursday and of course, the obligatory frozen yogurt stop was in order before coming home with me.

On Friday, I checked my grand daughter out of school and we were off to Gainesville. We met the rest of the family at a park for a birthday party for my sister-in-law. Then, we had a really nice visit with them before meeting back up with everyone at daughter #2's house for the night. That turned into one big slumber party as my grand daughter also had two of her high school friends spending the night before heading back to Flagler the next morning. Presley was in her glory with all of that "girl" attention as she is used to living with two brothers!

We got home yesterday and spent the rest of the day playing games and watching movies. My SIL surprised us again by bringing us a yummy dinner from one of our favorite local restaurants. I could get used to this!

Today we are both taking it kind of slowly. We're both still in our PJs so I guess it might be time to get the show moving a bit. All that being said, I haven't begun to think about any Valentine crafts just yet but I think a HL and Michaels run might be in order soon to get some creative juices flowing. You'll be the first to know! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment