decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Almost There!

Now that I am finally getting back into some sort of a routine, I thought I'd better get you caught up before all of the holiday fun stuff gets me out of routine yet again.

Thanksgiving week proved to be a super busy but fun one for me! Daughter #1 and grand daughter #4 arrived on Saturday and then we were gradually joined by all of the rest of the family during the week.

On Sunday, many of us headed to St. Augustine where grand daughter #3 is a freshman at Flagler College. We started out by touring the campus and her dorm. This is one beautiful college! The main buildings were once the prestigious Ponce De Leon Hotel and the architecture is breath-taking!





This is just a portion of the main lobby.



Here we are at the end of the hall leading to Morgan's dorm room.



If you look up you see this gorgeous ceiling and if you look down, you see the lobby.


This is just a small portion of the beautiful dining room.



After so much oohing and aahing, we were hungry so we were off to "Prohibition Kitchen" for lunch. Here's our crazy end of the table.


Once our bellies were full, we were off to the Lightner Museum for the Downton Abbey exhibit. There were lots of Downton enthusiasts in our group but even those who weren't enjoyed everything the museum had to offer.


Morgan and I enjoyed being in such good company and...


...Olivia and Harrison enjoyed a respite in the old Hotel Alcazar baths.


Just a bit of the collection of Tiffany glass.


The Downton exhibit was beautiful. The dresses were exquisite. It is hard to believe that people actually dressed like this every night for dinner.






On Tuesday, we celebrated Hudson's 10th birthday. All he wanted was a small carrot cake and for everyone in town to come over and make Christmas cookies...and so we did.




On Thanksgiving we all headed to my brother and sister-in-law's house for Thanksgiving and a nod to my brother's ?? birthday and then on Friday we had a celebration of my husband's life. It was a day full of family, shared memories, photographs, momentos, lots of special food, music, games, etc. It was exactly as he would have wanted! I don't know what I would have done without this group!



And, an added bonus was that we all got to meet our newest addition to the family, Caitlin's puppy Dakota.


As a part of the "it takes a village to raise Nana" theory, Elton went out and got me a Christmas tree and he and Todd wrestled the thing into the house. It is huge-just like I like-and, it is finally decorated so the Christmas posts will be coming soon.


And, I'm giving you a sneak peek and hint at what is to come for my bedroom!


Can't wait to share more but that will have to wait because I am off to the Kirby Farm with Jen and kids for a ride on their Christmas Train and fun in their village tonight. I'm sure pictures of that will follow soon as well. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment