decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Whew!!

I'm sure you're all feeling the same as I am...where did December go? I know I haven't been the most imaginative or interesting blogger but I was struggling to get through 2017. I am all about my traditions. They are important to me. And, even though I was reminded that all traditions do not have to be carried on every single holiday, every single year, they do to me. They are important and the things memories are made of. All you have to do is ask any of my grand children what their favorite part of any holiday is and you will receive many different answers. So many different traditions are important to individual children. And so, I tried. I have had a wonderful, family-filled month and I am going to take you along with me on the "short story" version just so I can have my year documented and, hopefully, move on to 2018 bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to roll!

After my fun visit to Kirby Family Farm and the kids' Christmas concerts, I was off to daughter #2 and her family for a few days. We started by going to one of our favorite little towns, Alachua, to see their Christmas lights. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed all of the little shop windows-not quite like Macy's NYC...but then again, neither was the traffic or temperature! Lol We had a nice dinner and enjoyed a movie around their beautiful tree.






The next day we shopped until we dropped - and got it all done - then went to see the remake of "Murder on the Orient Express". It was a long day but so much fun.

Before I knew it, it was Christmas Eve and I went to church with daughter #3 and her family. My two grand sons had a number of readings and had to light the advent candle. It is hard for me to believe that they are already this age. (Apologizing for the quality of the pictures up front. I took them and edited them on my camera-not the best idea)




It really was a beautiful candle light service with the youth group presenting a lot of the program and all of my favorite carols! Afterwards we went back to Jen's for a delicious dinner, feeding the reindeer, cookies for Santa and off to bed!


 




Christmas day saw the arrival of everyone at my house - 8 adults, 7 children, 6 dogs...and a partridge in a pear tree. Lol I was so busy enjoying that pictures are few and far between...wish I had more! I got almost everyone in this picture except the heads of my 2 sons-in-law - sorry!












Everyone stayed here through the 27th and then had to get back to their own lives. My house seems too quiet all of a sudden. I am going to enjoy the next few days still taking in my Christmas decor. I have the candles and lights all lit and heading to light a fire. Then, it will be down with the old and up with the new...and, I do have something else to share but I'm waiting for the pictures from the girls. Let's just say we all shared a "unique" bonding experience. I will be back. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment