decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Happy Surprise!!

For a long time now, I have had to write myself notes when packing away seasonal decor that might not fit in the normal places that I use for storage. The theory is that when I unpack next year, I will see my note and know just where to go. I guess my thinking there was that over the course of a year, I might forget my other hiding storage areas. But, never did I think I had to write myself a note for something done just a scant month or so ago! But, alas, I guess that is no longer the case!

And, it was just a matter of chance that I found my treasure. I know I shared this purchase when I bought it at the end of the summer from Pier 1 on clearance. I think I shared that I wanted it last year but was too cheap frugal to buy it then. In any case, I slipped it under the knee hole of the counter of my sewing machine and never thought about it again. For some odd reason, I just happened to glance under there the other day and there it was! I couldn't get it out where it was intended to be all along fast enough! And, I love it there! It is just as perfect as I thought it would be...until I forgot all about it. In any case, if it goes somewhere special this year when I am packing up, I will be sure to add another note to my collection. lol



Now that you've seen how simply wonderful my new picture looks now that I've found it, let's move into the dining room.

This room and its niche has always been difficult for me to decorate. I didn't like what I did here last year at all...


And so, when I decided to change up the family room mantle, I thought about moving a lot of what used to go there into this room...and I am glad I did.


I like the way the photos fill this space and I am kind of liking the more black and white vibe that this spot has...with just a few pops of orange.







My faux fireplace is another spot I have trouble decorating because the shelves are so narrow. But, this year, it all just fit into place...serendipity!





 
  

So that is another room down with just a few left to go. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment