decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Day #2-Halloween

If we keep walking from the living room, we are in the kitchen. See if you can find the differences-my grandson did in about 10 seconds!


This is where I used to set up my laboratory...and, I loved it! But, this year I was ready for a bit of a change and wanted a less cluttered look on this buffet. If I had another large area open, I would have just moved the lab but it needs a lot of room and a lot of height so I was OK with letting it go this year. I'm not saying you'll never see it again-especially after hearing the disappointment in my grandson's voice when he saw it was MIA but I'm sticking to my guns this year and he's already over it!








I don't know how a silly jack-o-lantern pot can bring me so much joy but I smile every time I walk into the kitchen and see this face!




I love this little guy. It was such an easy project but I love the outcome. All I did was use chalkboard paint on a "Mason" jar-but don't use a real Mason jar-try to get the ones from Wal-Mart because they are plain with no embossing. Then, I used a chalk marker to draw in the face and tied on some twine for embellishment. The only thing you have to be careful of is not dripping water on the outside when you fill the jar or you will wash off your face-of course, that's not really a problem because you can simply draw on another!-lol


So that is pretty much the kitchen but there is still more to see. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment